Some types of candy bring bigger smiles than others. What was your childhood favorite? For me, catching a glimpse of a shiny bright orange wrapper in my trick-or-treat bag was the highlight of Halloween night! It’s hard to beat classic peanut butter cups, but this grown-up, healthy version comes pretty close. With homemade chocolate, swirled-in cinnamon-spiced pumpkin and a creamy almond-butter filling, you won’t even be tempted to sneak a miniature from your kids.
Homemade Pumpkin-Almond Butter Cups
Makes 12 cups
12 whole almonds
- Place paper liners in muffin tin.
- For filling, in medium-sized bowl, whisk together filling ingredients.
- For chocolate, in medium-sized saucepan, heat coconut oil over low heat until melted. Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- To assemble, pour 2 tsp. chocolate into muffin liners. Spoon filling over chocolate, then pour on remaining chocolate. Use toothpick to lightly swirl chocolate and filling for a “spooky” look! Top with 1 almond per cup.
- Freeze cups for at least 3 hours (6 hours for them to be completely solid).
- Store in freezer for up to two months.