What was your favorite sandwich as a kid? Classic peanut butter and jelly, no doubt. With crust or without, you delighted in the perfectly proportioned balance of salty and sweet. You can now enjoy the comforting and contrasting flavors in a delicious, guilt-free dessert. Each bite of these peanut butter cupcakes comes with a burst of strawberry jam. It’s the kind of treat you would have adored as a youngster, and with one cupcake coming in at a mere 152 calories, you can also love them as an adult.
Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Strawberry Jam Filling
Makes 6 cupcakes
Macros per cupcake: 152 calories | 4.6 g net carbs | 12.7 g protein
1½ scoops Quest Peanut Butter Protein Powder
1 Quest Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Bar, diced
¼ cup Nutiva Coconut Flour
¼ cup Swerve Granular Erythritol Sweetener
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 jumbo egg
¾ cup Silk Cashew Milk
2 Tbsp. Sweet Spreads Vanilla Cupcake Coconutter, melted
6 tsp. sugar-free strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with Silpats or paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine protein powder, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, egg, cashew milk 1 tablespoon of melted Coconutter and vanilla. Mix until incorporated. Fold in protein bar pieces.
- Pour batter into lined cupcake cups.
- Add 1 teaspoon preservers into each cup, pushing it down into the middle.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, careful not to overcook as protein powder can bake dry.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Use remaining tablespoon of Coconutter to frost all cupcakes and top each with a strawberry.