Bags of oats, scoops of flour, oven mitts and messy, melted chocolate? Not here. Toss your misconceptions about homemade protein bars out the window, because this recipe is easy, super satisfying and won’t leave your kitchen in disarray. Crumbled bacon, ice cream-flavored whey and concentrated maple extract come together to create a bar that beats any other. Enjoy for breakfast, as a snack or protein-packed dessert.
- 1 scoop Platinum 100% Iso-Whey Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 1 Tbs Water
- 25 g Vitafiber syrup or reduced/sugar, reduced/calorie syrup
- 2 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
1. In a small frying pan on high heat, add Vitafiber and heat until bubbling throughout.
2. Add water and maple extract.
3. Add protein powder and remove from heat immediately. With a spoon, mix powder and liquids until well combined.
4. Pour batter onto parchment paper, mix in bacon crumbles and divide up to form bar shapes.
5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set ingredients before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Melaney, an official MuscleTech representative and founder of BakewithProtein.com. Melaney is well respected and admired among the community not just for her extensive product knowledge, but also for her incredible personal transformation – having lost over 120 pounds and completely changing her lifestyle in the process. These delicious recipes became part of her new, clean-eating, delicious diet – as a way to continue to enjoy her favorite foods without all the fat and calories. MuscleTech is proud to call her part of the team.