Fast, nutritious and filling snacks are essential to keeping kids satisfied during the busy school year. If you can make something that’s incredibly tasty as well, that’s Mommy Gold! While prepackaged foods like granola bars and 100-calorie cracker packs are popular, they will leave your kids (and you) unsatisfied and hungry again in no time. Instead of those empty calories, chose a protein-dense snack that will stay with you, like these healthy truffles.
No-Bake Almond Butter & Honey Protein Truffles
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add almond butter and honey and mix thoroughly.
- Gently stir in dried cranberries until just combined.
- Refrigerate mixture for one hour.
- Once chilled, scoop in tablespoon sized portions and roll into balls.
- Keep truffles in airtight container, separating layers with wax paper. Truffles will remain fresh for 3-5 days – if they last that long!