When it comes to desserts, it’s hard to beat homemade pie. And when it comes to pie recipes, you won’t find anything easier (or tastier) than this simple, six-ingredient creation. Succulent, flavorful fruits are piled into a gluten-free, walnut-based crust – it’s an impressive-looking dish you can enjoy in minutes, with absolutely no baking required!
No-Bake Gluten-Free Berry Jam Pie
Makes 16 slices
4 cups fruit of choice, pitted cherries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and apples work well.
1. In food processor, combine all crust ingredients and blend until the consistency of a fine meal (a few chunks of walnut are okay to give it a nice crusty texture).
2. To make crust, add the walnut meal and other ingredients in a bowl and mix together until it is moist and moldable.
3. Line a pie pan with the pie-crust mixture and press on the bottom as well as the sides until it is even, about 1/4-inch thick.
4. In blender, blend fruit to the consistency of a smooth sauce with some chunks. Pour mixture into crust.
5. Slice and eat right away or set in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
(Note: This pie can also be kept in the freezer as a frozen dessert and will remain fresh for up to 3 months.)
1. Serve with Vegan Ice Cream.
2. For a smoother jam filling, add some coconut oil or maple syrup.
3. For a nut-free version, use sunflower, pumpkin, or hemp seeds instead of walnuts for the base.
4. You can use 2–3 dates instead of maple syrup in the crust to include more whole foods.
5. Substitute macadamia nuts for the walnuts in the base for a delicious creamy, crunchy pie crust.
1. Use a square pan to make bars.
2. Substitute pecans for walnuts for a pecan crust.
3. Add 1/4 cup coconut flakes into the crust mixture for added coconut flavor.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of cacao to the crust for a chocolate crust.