Mom always discouraged eating peanut butter right off the spoon, and she wasn’t thrilled when you drank milk straight from the carton, either. No need to rebel – grabbing a cup from the cupboard won’t cause you to break a sweat. And, if you make this quick-and-easy, no-bake pie, you can still indulge in the same unadulterated richness of peanut butter directly from the jar. Bonus? Here, the creamy, nutty spread is enhanced by a sweet almond-cacao crust and velvety dark chocolate icing. Make yourself and Mom happy – pour a tall glass of non-dairy milk, whip up this delicious dessert and enjoy it on a plate and with a fork!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
14 oz. peanut butter (2 cups)
I pkg. dark chocolate frosting mix
- Grease a pie pan with coconut oil or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, melt the cacao butter on low heat. Remove from heat, add remaining crust ingredients and mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the pie pan. Set in the freezer until mixture has hardened, about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, prepare the frosting mix according to instructions.
- Remove pie pan from freezer and spread peanut butter over crust.
- Frost with icing mix. Refrigerate for 1 hour.