Over oatmeal? Bored with bagels? Sick of cereal? It’s time to give your morning meal a much-needed makeover. Try these Orange Almond Muffins with Dried Apricots for a bold and tasty breakfast treat. Accommodating many diets, these mouthwatering muffins are grain-free, gluten-free and low-carb. Made with hearty almond meal and bursting with tangy dried apricots and subtle hints of citrus, these muffins also make an appealing afternoon snack or deletable after-dinner dessert.
Orange Almond Muffins with Dried Apricots
Makes 12 muffins
4 cups almond meal
1-¼ tsp. baking soda
2/3 cup dried apricots, diced
1/3 honey or maple syrup
1/3 cup butter or melted coconut oil
1 Tbsp. orange zest (approx one orange)
1 tsp. almond extract
¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond meal, baking soda, apricots, orange zest and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, honey, butter, almond extract. Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Portion batter evenly into muffin tins and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before serving.