Tenders, strips, fingers—whatever you call ‘em, this paleo-friendly version is way better for you. Baked with almond flour (rather than battered and fried) these chicken tenders are are gluten-, dairy- and grain-free. For a truly over-the-top meal your kiddos will love, pair these perfectly seasoned bites with homemade honey mustard sauce and their happy tummies will be satisfied for hours (or at least until dessert time). They’re easy-to-make, quick to cook and will surely earn you some fans at the dinner table.
4 chicken breasts, refuse excluded
2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal Flour
2 large eggs
5 Tbsp. raw honey
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Cut extra skin from chicken breast and cut into “tender” size. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In small bowl, whisk eggs. In another bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Dip each strip of chicken in eggs then coat in dry mixture. Arrange coated tenders on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- To make sauce, mix honey and mustard, adding a few drops of water to thin out if desired.