Whether you’ve got a plate full of steamed broccoli or a big, juicy steak, your dog probably ogles your food whenever you sit down to eat. You’ve grown accustomed to his eyes following you from the kitchen to the dining room table. You’ve even learned to expect to see drool dripping from his mouth. But you’ve probably never expected to ogle his food. That’s sure to happen once you whip up these frosted coconut-peanut butter dog cookies. You’ll find yourself drooling over Fido’s fare sure enough.
1 cup tapioca starch
3/4 cup maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine flax and water and let it sit for about 30 minutes, so it thickens and forms a paste.
- Boil or bake sweet potato until soft, let cool and then remove skins and mash.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or stand-mixer, combine all cookie ingredients, including flax mxture, until well combined.
- Roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter or cut out small cookies and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- For the frosting, in a medium bowl, combine tapioca starch and maple syrup and mix. Let chill to thicken.
- Before frosting, remove treats from oven and let cool completely. Once fully cooled, ice treats with frosting.