The worst part about date night? It’s not fitting the event into your jam-packed calendar or tracking down a reliable babysitter. The worst part is that, sadly, the evening must come to an end. Whether you and your honey danced the night away or enjoyed a romantic, candlelit dinner, sleep inevitably kills the festivities. Keep the party popping the morning after with this special breakfast dish. Peach pie turnovers and homemade frozen yogurt might sound bit too indulgent for the early hours, but thanks to protein powder, protein bars and a sweet-as-can-be sugar substitute, you two love birds can enjoy this bit of bliss guilt free!
Peach Pie Turnovers for Two
Macros per serving: 241 calories | 10.8 g net carbs | 23.3 g protein
1 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
½ cup Swerve Confectioner’s Erythritol
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
12 oz. peaches, skinned and diced
7 oz. 2% Fage Plain Yogurt
5.3 oz. Fage Peach Yogurt
1 cup Silk Cashew Milk
1 cup fat-free half and half
1/8 tsp. vanilla
- In a high-speed blender, combine all frozen yogurt ingredients and process until smooth. P
- In an ice cream maker, churn yogurt mixture for 25-35 minutes, until desired consistency is reached. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour mixture into casserole dish and freeze. Stir after 45 minutes and repeat 3 or 4 times.
- Meanwhile, prepare turnovers. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Using a microwave-safe plate, microwave each Quest bar for 12 seconds. Form softened bars into squares and place on prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine erythritol and cinnamon with peaches. Pour half of peach mixture into the middle of each protein bar square.
- Fold each square in half diagonally, forming a triangle. Pinch the edges together with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While turnovers bake, prepare the toppings. In a small bowl, mix together syrup and Coconutter.
- Remove turnover from oven and pour half the syrup topping over each. Top with ¼ cup frozen yogurt.