Can’t decide on the right holiday dessert? Calorie-wise, pumpkin pie is the better choice over traditional pecan or even homemade apple pie with its flaky butter crust. But pumpkin pie is a bit overdone, don’t you think? Scrap the same old song and dance, and put the pump back in pumpkin pie with these peanut butter-Infused bars that sit atop a naturally sweetened chocolate crust.
Peanut Butter-Pumpkin Bars
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts into a powder.
- In a medium bowl, mix walnuts and remaining crust ingredients together until welll blended.
- Press crust mixture into a greased 8”x8” baking dish (this will be sticky).
- In another medium bowl, mix all filling ingredients until well blended. Pour over chocolate crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until set.
- Let cool, slice and serve!