On a daily basis, most active bodies need about 1-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. At first glance, that doesn’t seem so hard to get. Then your sweet tooth kicks in, and you’re stuck choosing between good-for-your-taste-buds and good-for-your-healthy-bod. Decisions, decisions. Make the selection a little bit easier – about 15% easier, in fact. Providing at least one-sixth the amount of protein you’re aiming for, these Peanut Butter S’mores Protein Cupcakes should be a daily requirement.
Peanut Butter S’mores Cupcakes
Makes 4 cupcakes
Macros per cupcake: 218 calories | 22 g protein | 6.4 g net carbs
Cream cheese frosting
1 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
1/3 cup erythritol
1 Tbsp. sugar-free cheesecake instant pudding
½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
¼ cup low-fat cottage cheese
4 oz. fat-free cream cheese, at room temperature
10 drops French vanilla liquid stevia
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare 4 Silpat cupcake liners (or add 4 paper liners to a muffin pan).
- Cut the Quest S’mores Protein Bar into 4 equal parts and microwave for 15 seconds.
- Mold melted protein bar pieces into prepared cupcake liners, spreading the bar around the base and up the sides of the mold (as far as it will go). This will form your cupcake shell.
- Press 1 peanut butter cup into the bottom of each cupcake shell.
- Cut the Quest Cookies & Cream Protein Bar into 4 equal parts and microwave for 15 seconds.
- Mold melted bar pieces into circles and place each one on top of the peanut butter cups.
- Repeat the same process with the Quest Chocolate Brownie Protein Bar.
- Finish off with 5 peanut butter chips placed on top of each cupcake.
- Bake cupcakes for 5 minutes.
- While cupcakes cool, prepare cream cheese frosting. In a food processor or high-speed blender, mix almond milk, cream cheese and cottage cheese until liquefied.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until mixed through.
- Chill in fridge to thicken. Once set, pipe about 1 tablespoon of frosting on top of each cupcake. Store leftover frosting in the fridge.
- Dessert is served!