While everyone is busy adding pumpkin into every baked good and beverage this time of year, a nuttier holiday staple has my oven (and my appetite) preheated. For me, nothing compliments the brisk, cool weather quite like a pecan pie. But since fitting into my jeans has been a priority, I’ve had to pass on the pastries in recent years. But not anymore! Thanks to these low-calorie, low-carb and protein-packed mini tarts, I can enjoy the sweet, treasured flavor guilt free. My lips (and hips) are certainly grateful!
Pecan Pie Tartlets
1 scoop Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder
¼ cup pecans, chopped
2 Tbsp. Swerve Granular Erythritol
1 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Flour
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
¼ cup 25 cal/cup Silk Cashew Milk
2 Tbsp. Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
1 Tbsp. Sweet Spreads Maple Pancake Coconutter, melted
1/8 tsp. maple flavoring
1/8 tsp. vanilla
15 Athens Mini Fillo Shells
Whipped topping, optional, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place fillo shells onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes, until slightly brown and crispy. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine protein powder, pecans, erythritol, coconut flour and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine cashew milk, syrup, Coconutter, maple flavor and vanilla. Add wet ingredient to dry and mix until combined.
- Fill each shell with about a heaping teaspoon of the pecan mixture.
- Let chill in the fridge to set before serving. Garnish with whipped topping, if desired.