You could lug the blender out from the cupboard and whip up a smoothie. You could also grab a protein bar from the pantry as you run out the door. But if you really want to kick-start your morning, you’ll need a breakfast with more muscle. That’s where this recipe comes in. Plant powered, packed with protein and topped with peanut butter maple syrup, these flapjacks will get you up and keep you going.
Plant-Powered Pancakes with Peanut Butter Maple Syrup
1 cup oat flour (or ground rolled oats)
1 scoop Plant Fusion Protein Powder
1 flax egg, (1 Tbsp. flax meal + 3 Tbsp. water)
½ – ¾ cups water, depending on consistency desired
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
Peanut Butter Maple Syrup
- In a small bowl, combine flax and water to create flax egg. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and protein powder. Slowly add in flax egg, vinegar and desired amount of water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, over medium heat, cook pancakes, either 8 small or 3 large.
- In a clean small bowl, combine peanut butter and maple syrup.
- When ready to eat, serve pancakes hot, topped with syrup.