Who doesn’t love dessert for breakfast? Scoops of ice cream or a slice of chocolate cake might be going too far, but a strawberry cheesecake-flavored muffin totally hits the mark. A guilt-free indulgence, this muffin recipe swaps erythritol for sugar, coconut flour and protein powder for white flour and cashew milk for cow’s milk. With so many good-for-you ingredients, you can enjoy this delightful morning snack without offsetting the effects of last night’s workout.
Protein Muffins with Strawberry Cheesecake Chunks
Makes 6 muffins
Macros per serving: 95 calories | 3.5g net carbs | 9g protein
½ scoop Quest Strawberry Protein Powder
¼ cup Swerve Granular Erythritol
2 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
¼ cup cashew milk
2 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp. Sweet Spreads Vanilla Cupcake Coconutter, melted
1 jumbo egg
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Quest Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Bar, diced into small pieces
3 medium strawberries, diced into small bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 6 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine protein powder, erythritol, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a separate medium bowl, combine cashew milk, cream cheese, coconutter, egg and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold in protein bar pieces.
- Pour about a ¼ cup of batter into each tin.
- Bake for 18 minutes, careful not to overbake.
- Top with diced strawberries.