There’s a reason “a slice of pie” and “a slice of heaven” are synonymous. Pie is an other-worldly dessert with the power to transport you. In the case of sweet potato pie, you’ll be taken back to that festive Thanksgiving spread. Only this time, you’ll be grateful for healthy substitutions, like protein powder and coconut oil. The sweet, marshmallow-topped casserole may never make the menu again. Sorry, Aunt May.
Protein Sweet Potato Pie
Makes 12 servings
Macros per serving: 156 calories | 10.2 g protein | 11.9 g carbs | 8.1 g fat | 5.1 g sugar | 1.6 g fiber
Toppings (optional): Vitacost Certified Organic Honey and marshmallow fluff
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together all crust ingredients until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add 1 tablespoon water and stir until mixture starts to come together and hold its shape.
- Spread crust mixture into pie pan, using your hands to press down and cover the entire bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add remaining pie ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour pie filling into pan and bake 28-32 minutes, or until center is cooked thoroughly. Let cool 1 hour before serving.
- Drizzle with marshmallow fluff and honey, if desired.