Forget pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving and create a new pumpkin-flavored tradition. When it comes to savoring the flavors of fall, a slice of pie just doesn’t cut it anymore. With this easy-as-pie spice cake, you get more of what you want. From its warm chai base to the cream cheese topping, this dessert embodies autumn in all its sweet glory.
Pumpkin Chai Protein Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 1 six-inch round cake
¾ cup Wholesome Chow Organic Gluten-Free Chai Spice Baking Mix
2 Tbsp. vanilla protein powder
2 Tbsp. canned pumpkin
1 Tbsp. Biscoff Spread, melted
½ cup non-fat milk, almond milk or milk of choice
2 Tbsp. liquid coconut oil
½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 6–inch round baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk with apple cider vinegar. Let this set for about 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, Biscoff spread and coconut oil. Whisk well.
- Stir in baking mix and protein powder. Whisk until mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool while you make frosting.
- In a medium bowl, use a handheld mixer on medium speed to beat cream cheese and coconut oil for about 2-3 minutes, or until smooth.
- Add remaining frosting ingredients and beat until combined and frosting consistency.
- Spread frosting on top of cake, slice into 6 pieces and gobble, gobble!