Your coworkers might obsess over the coffee shop conveniently located across the street from your office. They might take turns bringing in an assortment of tempting donuts, and you might think about eating one. If only those enticing goodies weren’t filled with calories and processed sugar! Luckily, you can make your own batch of delectable, finger-licking donuts that won’t wreck your diet. One of these seasonally-flavored protein desserts sets you back only 105 calories and offers 9 grams of protein!
Pumpkin Patch Protein Donuts
Makes 11 donuts
Macros per donut: 105 calories | 4.4 g net carbs | 9 g protein
1 scoop Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder
¼ cup Swerve Granular Erythritol
¼ cup Nutiva Coconut Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 extra large egg
½ cup Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin
¼ cup Silk Cashew Milk
¼ cup Sweet Spreads Cashew Fit Sweet Pumpkin Pie Cashew Butter
4 oz. Noosa Pumpkin Yogurt
1/8 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat two 6-cavity donut pans with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all donut ingredients and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour batter into the donut pans, filling 11 of the cavities. Bake for 12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients, except the protein bar. Mix until smooth. Transfer topping mixture to pastry bag (or plastic bag with one of the corners cut off).
- When donuts are done baking, remove from oven and let cool.
- Frost each donut with topping and sprinkle with protein bar bits.