When is a cake more than just a cake? When it swaps sugar for an all-natural, zero-calorie substitute, packs a protein punch and tickles your taste buds with spiced, savory flavor. If there’s a birthday coming up or you’re planning a special dinner, this layered pumpkin cake will make anyone swoon. Bonus? It’s filled and frosted with low-fat cream cheese yogurt that really takes the cake.
Pumpkin Protein Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Macros per serving: 200 calories | 4.6 g net carbs | 10.9 g protein
1 Quest Pumpkin Pie Protein Bar, diced, to top
1 scoop Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder
½ cup Swerve Granular Erythritol
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. vanilla bean powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 jumbo egg
1 cup So Delicious Cashew Milk
½ cup pumpkin
1/3 cup Sweet Spreads Cinnamon Roll Coconutter, softened
Whipped topping, to top, if desired
1/3 cup Swerve Granular Erythritol
1 jumbo egg
6 oz. Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine all cake ingredients, except for diced protein bar and whipped cream, until completely mixed and smooth.
- Transfer half of the batter into prepared pan. Carefully top batter with half of the filling. Pour remaining batter on top of the filling, and then top the last layer with the remaining filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from pan and slice into 9 equal pieces.
- Garnish with whipped topping, if desired.