If the first touch of a cold front sends you straight to the great outdoors, you better have snacks along for the ride…or hike…or climb. Forget those crumbly bars in green wrappers, though. The right fuel for your al-fresco fitness comes in granola clusters and can easily hold its own – just like you on a windy mountaintop. Plus, an extra coat of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon will keep you warm, no matter what the weather is outside. Adventure, here you come!
Pumpkin Spice Protein Granola
Makes 12 servings
Macros per serving: 210 calories | 9.6 g protein | 22.2 g carbs | 10 g fat | 6.7 g sugar | 2.8 g fiber
3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
¾ cup pumpkin seeds
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
¼ cup coconut oil
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 scoops ARO Vanilla Whey Protein Complex Powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add oats, seeds, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a separate, microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining ingredients (except protein powder) and heat in microwave for 30 seconds, stir and heat another 30 seconds.
- Add protein powder to liquid mixture and stir until smooth. Pour over oat mixture, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Evenly spread granola mix onto prepared sheet and bake 40-44 minutes. During baking, stir mixture twice.
- Let cool slightly before storing or go ahead and eat!