You won’t dare tweak some classic family recipes. (Grandma’s chocolate cake, for instance, will forever remain untouched.) On the other hand, you’re not opposed to adjusting the family’s traditional lasagna. This version requires only minutes of prep time and is made with minimal ingredients. Plus, it’s got cashew cheese and gluten-free, lentil-based noodles so it’s perfect for vegans and those avoiding gluten or dairy. Start a new tradition with this easy vegetarian lasagna!
1 box Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Lasagna
1 batch Cashew Cheese (can use 1 cup organic cheese or vegan mozzarella)
1 jar (25 oz.) organic pasta sauce of choice
1/2 tsp. Redmond Garlic Salt
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 Tbsp. dried thyme
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat the bottom of 8×8 or 9×13 pan with sauce. Place a layer of lasagna sheets over sauce and top with more sauce. Sprinkle on half batch of cheese and half spices.
- Add another layer of lasagna noodles, followed by remaining sauce, then cheese and spices.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Liana’s note: This lasagna is great for freezing or refrigerating so you can take it to work with you throughout the week.