Celebrating Christmas with countless cookies and fruit cakes? If all the flour handprints and sticky sugar frosting starts to drive you walnuts, know that you’re not alone. Even better, there’s a cure for this sugar-cookie syndrome. Instead of collapsing in a bed of ho-no-no refined white stuff, you can bake Christmas cookies with merry whole grains and jolly-good protein. This quinoa-based recipe means you’ll have plenty of energy and spirit to keep the baking bonanza going until you haven’t a single creature stirring – not even a sprinkles-loving mouse!
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Using about a tablespoon per cookie, roll batter into balls.
- Place balls on a greased baking sheet and flatten with your hands or the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Top with red and green sprinkles before they cool.