Do you like playing with your food? Good, because that’s the beauty of making thumbprint cookies. You get to shape the cookie batter and leave your mark right in the middle. It’s the grown-up version of playing with that salty, neon-colored dough, except this is more than edible. This dough actually bakes into a perfectly balanced sweet treat. Between fresh tart raspberries and deep dark chocolate, the flavor is nothing short of fun-yet-sophisticated.
½ cup fresh raspberries
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all cookie ingredients and stir until well-combined.
- Roll dough into balls, about a tablespoon of dough per cookie. Flatten balls until about ½-inch thick, shaping into nice round cookies.
- Use your thumb (or whatever fingers) to press a well into each cookie.
- Microwave raspberries for 30 seconds, or until raspberries burst and become syrupy.
- Fill each cookie with raspberry “sauce.”
- Microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil for 10-15 seconds, stir until smooth and drizzle over cookies.
- You’re done. Eat your creations!