Your sweet potato is getting an upgrade! Instead of conventional sour cream, which is loaded with ingredients you’d probably prefer to avoid, this baked sweet potato is topped with a tasty, better-for-you alternative: vegan cashew cream. But this recipe doesn’t stop there! In addition to traditional baked potato toppings chive and parsley, diced avocado brings extra flavor, creaminess and a load of healthy nutrients.
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Cashew Cream
4 small purple or orange sweet potatoes
1 avocado, diced or cubed
Fresh or dried parsley, chopped
2 cups raw cashews
1 cup water
- To prep, soak cashews for at least two hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and pierce potatoes with a fork or knife and wrap in foil.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until skin is lightly crisp.
- Meanwhile, prepare cashew cream. In a high-speed blender, combine drained and rinsed cashews with water. (Use less water for a thick consistency, like frosting. Use more for a thin, milk-like consistency.) Process until smooth.
- Remove baked potatoes from oven and carefully remove foil. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Add cashew cheese and top with remaining ingredients.
If you’re hungry for more, download our vegan recipe book.