You’re not a celebrity chef. (Unless you are, in which case – thank you for reading this!) But here’s the thing – you don’t have to be a celebrity chef to make a dish that looks like it came straight from the hottest cooking show or the pages of a glossy culinary magazine. In fact, even though this roasted beet recipe is impressively colorful (and palate-pleasing to boot), it only requires a few minutes of prep and a bit of oven-watching patience! Add it to your holiday table or serve as a special weekday side, and let the compliments roll in.
Roasted Beets with Orange & Mint
3 beets, chopped
1 apple, chopped (Pink Lady or similarly sweet/tart variety)
2 Tbsp. blood orange infused olive oil
1 Tbsp. rosato wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. mint leaves, finely chopped
Pinch salt and black pepper
Optional: Fresh orange zest (garnish)
- On a baking sheet, roast beets and apple at 400 F for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from oven, set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mint, salt and pepper.
- Toss with roasted beets and apple in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with fresh orange zest if desired.
Yields 4 servings