Festive tins full of cookies, candies and chocolates are almost as commonplace as candlesticks in the windows and white lights strung from the trees. The holidays have a way of bringing out the best in baking, and not just from Grandma’s kitchen. You, too, can fill tins with treats so that, a) there’s always something healthy on hand and b) you have the perfect hostess gift at the ready. Start simple with these roasted coconut almonds.
Roasted Coconut Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay almonds on a greased baking sheet and bake about 7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, microwave brown rice syrup for about 20 seconds.
- Add roasted almonds and stir to coat. Pour in coconut flakes, stirring to coat almonds evenly.
- Pour onto parchment paper and let cool. Fill those festive tins to the brim, adorn with a bow and bring to your next holiday party.