You don’t always want the whole thing. Just a bite will do. So, do you unwrap the whole candy bar and save half for later? Only if you like melted chocolate in your bag. The waste-free, mess-free option involves making these salted caramel chocolate balls. They’re the bite-sized version of a pre-packaged indulgence, so you only take as much as you want in the moment. Finally, you can have it your way.
1-1/2 cup dates, pitted
1 scoop Vega Clean Protein Vanilla
2 Tbsp. almonds, finely chopped
1/2 cup almond butter
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
Coarse salt to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend dates until smooth and starting to stick together.
- Add protein powder, 1 tablespoon almonds, almond butter and maple syrup. Process again until combined. Note: if mixture seems too dry, add more syrup, adjusting until sticky enough to shape.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on a plate.
- In a microwave or double-boiler, melted coconut oil and chocolate chips until completely smooth.
- Roll balls in melted chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Top with salt and remaining almonds. Place in freezer at least 30 minutes, or until chocolate hardens.
- Store in an airtight container in freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Originally published on MyVega.com