If you’re looking for an easy but wow-worthy dessert for a holiday party, give these no-bake salted chocolate covered coconut cookies a whirl. The rich vanilla-scented coconut center is enrobed in (refined sugar-free) chocolate for a dessert that’s suitable for everyone at the table whether they are vegan, vegetarian, paleo or just hungry. These delicious cookies will go fast!
Makes 10 cookies
1 cup shredded coconut
3 Tbsp. coconut milk
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. date sugar
1 Tbsp. cashew butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
Himalayan pink salt
- In blender, pulse shredded coconut into fine powder, about 30-60 seconds.
- Add remaining cookie ingredients, and blend until dough forms. If it’s too dry, add more coconut milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until dough forms.
- Use spoon to scoop out about 10 evenly sized balls, and then press into round, flat cookie shapes. Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze for at least 15 minutes, to firm up.
- Once firm, use double boiler to melt chocolate chips. Use two forks to dip each cookie into chocolate, carefully scrape off any excess, and then return to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- You should have a little chocolate left. You can put it in a pastry bag and drizzle the chocolate over the cookies like shown in the photo, if desired. Refrigerate or freeze to firm up before serving.