Are you a fan of chocolate chip cookies? Of course you are! After all, who isn’t? If you thought the classic snack couldn’t get any better, take a bite of these salted chocolate chip cookies. With gooey chocolate chips, hearty oats, gluten-free flour and pure pink salt, this recipe will redefine what you thought you knew about everyone’s favorite cookie.
Salted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan & Gluten Free)
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup coconut sugar
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup gluten-free flour
3 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. pink salt, plus extra
1 banana mashed
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
3-4 Tbsp. non-dairy milk
3 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds and water. Set aside for a few minutes, so the mixture will gelatinize.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together banana, coconut oil, milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut sugar, both flours, cinnamon, baking soda and pink salt. Pour banana mixture and chia mixture into the large bowl. Add chocolate chips. Mix until well combined.
- Use a 1-inch scoop to measure out two balls of dough. Roll the two balls together and place on prepared baking sheet. Press down on the ball with your palm to flatten it. Repeat until you’ve used all the dough. If desired, sprinkle each cookie with extra pink salt.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until golden brown. Note: For smaller cookies, use only one scoop per cookie and bake for 10 minutes.
If you’re hungry for more, download our vegan recipe book.