Chocolate – it’s what’s for dinner. (Seriously!) While we wouldn’t recommend devouring an entire milk chocolate bar at mealtime, there are many different ways to incorporate delicious dark chocolate into your dinner plans, including this sautéed chicken with dark chocolate molé sauce – it’s the perfect combination of sweet & spicy!
Sautéed Chicken With Dark Chocolate Molé Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Enjoy Life Foods
1 tsp. chipotle powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. cinnamon
3 garlic cloves, pressed
½ cup chicken broth
8 oz. tomato sauce
3 Tbsp. gluten-free dark chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. creamy sunflower seed butter
1-1/4 lbs. chicken thighs (boneless/skinless)
For serving: steamed rice, sliced avocado, minced cilantro
- In a medium sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add chicken and brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a plate.
- To sauté pan, add another tablespoon of olive oil. Add chili powder, chipotle powder, ground cumin, ground cinnamon and garlic. Stir for 1 minute, then add chicken broth and tomato sauce. Whisk to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in chocolate chips and sunflower seed butter, then add chicken to the pan, nestling in the sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice and garnish with avocado slices and minced cilantro.