Commonly surrounded by sourdough or pumpernickel bread, spinach-artichoke dip often takes center stage at parties. Why? Because it tastes good! But if you’re choosing to eat healthier, this tempting tapa is typically off limits.
All it needs is a little upgrade. With nutrient-packed kale, Greek yogurt and tasty seasonings, your dish is sure to rise above the rest on the snack table! Serve it with fresh veggies such as sliced cucumbers, celery and carrot sticks for ultimate scooping. And if you’re the one hosting, set it and forget it with this slow cooker recipe so you can take more time to prep your home for guests (or just use the extra few moments to relax!).
6 cups fresh kale, destemmed and chopped
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
8 oz. Neufchatel cheese, cubed
1 cup plain Greek yogurt or light sour cream
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 – 1/2 tsp. Simply Organic garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Simply Organic cayenne
1/4 tsp. Simply Organic nutmeg
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. Simply Organic black pepper
- In medium-sized slow cooker on high heat, add Neufchatel cheese, yogurt and lemon juice.
- In small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, cayenne, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Stir cream cheese mixture in slow cooker, then stir in Parmesan-seasoning mixture.
- Add kale, spinach and artichoke hearts, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, until hot and bubbly. Stir until well mixed. Serve with fresh vegetables, fresh bread or tortilla chips.
- If the greens don’t all fit initially, gradually add more as contents of pot reduce down.
- Eight cups of kale may be used, omitting spinach.
- Toss dip with cooked pasta or use to top chicken.