They’re a favorite pastime at summer camp, but stick-to-your-fingers s’mores have a way of taking the chill off in winter. It probably has something to do with the warm, gooey center, which now sits front and not-so-in-the-center over an easy-to-eat graham cracker dough. It’s there on top that you’ll find a view of melted chocolate and perfectly charred marshmallow (aka the other white fluff) to help you reminisce of warm, sunny days.
S’mores Protein Squares
Makes 16 squares
Macros per square: 131 calories | 7.7 g protein | 16.3 g carbs | 3.4 g fat | 5.6 g sugar | 2.3 g fiber
Graham cracker layer
3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
2/3 cup oat flour
½ cup coconut flour
¼ cup xylitol
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
2 egg whites
Dash of salt
12 marshmallows, sliced in half
½ cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9” x 9” baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together vanilla, yogurt, milk and egg whites until smooth.
- Add remaining graham cracker ingredients to wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish, using a spatula to spread out evenly and flatten to bottom of the pan. Bake 24-28 minutes, remove from oven and set aside.
- Turn oven to broil. On top of cooked graham cracker layer, arrange chocolate chips and marshmallow halves.
- Under broiler, cook bars until marshmallows are slightly brown on top, about 2-3 minutes.
- Slice into 16 even squares and enjoy!