Sun-dazing with a sundae on Sunday. That’s the perfect way to close out a hectic week – literally the cherry on top. There’s something about ending on a sweet note that makes you warm and fuzzy inside; it’s as if whatever happened before this moment is irrelevant now that you’re enjoying dessert. But you don’t need a mound of ice cream to get those feels. Coconut-flecked coconut cookies can have a greater impact, transporting you to a tropical paradise that seems so far away. Talk about sweet! And the cherry on top? Well, it’s actually a strawberry.
Strawberry Coconut Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, coconut oil and egg. Whisk until well combined and forms a good dough consistency.
- Add shredded coconut, stirring to incorporate.
- Roll dough into balls and flatten on prepared baking sheet. Top each cookie with a sliced strawberry. Sprinkle on more coconut, if desired.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes, or until edges begin to crisp.