Iced tea versus lemonade. Which do you choose? If it’s livened up with strawberries and converted into a fluffy muffin, there’s a good chance you’d go for the lemonade. Besides, these low-cal breakfast bites don’t just look cool with their bright pink facade. They’re a truly refreshing balance of finger-licking sweet and pucker-pinching tart.
Strawberry Lemonade Protein Muffins
Makes 6 muffins
Macros for 1 muffin: 125 calories | 10.3 g protein | 10 g carbs | 3.3 g fat | 1.5 g fiber | 2.1 g sugar
1 scoop Vitacost ARO Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
½ cup oat flour
¼ cup almond meal flour
3 Tbsp. Vitacost Xylitol
1 Tbsp. sugar-free strawberry gelatin mix
½ tsp. baking powder
3 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt (or applesauce)
1 ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
2 egg whites
¼ scoop Vitacost ARO Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
Juice of ½ lemon
Water to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin pan with 6 paper liners. You may also use silicon cupcake liners on a baking sheet. coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray (or use a non-stick baking sheet).
- In a blender or food processor, add strawberries, yogurt, lemon juice and egg whites and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add protein powder, flours, xylitol, gelatin mix, baking powder and lemon zest, stirring until combined.
- Pour wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Evenly spoon batter into 6 liners and bake 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add all glaze ingredients and mix until smooth. Add water until you reach the desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over baked muffins and enjoy!