With just a few ingredients, you can toss together an impressively fancy meal that’s bursting with vibrant color and nourishing nutrients. This easy vegan recipe features steamy baked sweet potatoes, toasted buckwheat and sautéed greens drizzled with gourmet garlic-infused olive oil and dark raspberry balsamic vinegar. Is your mouth watering yet?
- 2 medium organic sweet potatoes or garnett yams
- ½ cup buckwheat groats
- 8 cups baby greens mix of spinach, chard, kale
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark raspberry balsamic vinegar
- Optional: shredded vegan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash well then bake sweet potatoes for 50-60 minutes until soft.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, set aside 10 minutes to cool until warm not piping hot.
- Dry toast buckwheat groats on a skillet at medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove buckwheat groats from pan.
- Keep pan at medium heat then add 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil with freshly crushed garlic cloves. Add pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sauté baby greens with garlic for about 30 seconds until wilted, stir to combine with garlic.
- Split sweet potatoes open to form a pocket then stuff with ¼ cup buckwheat groats, half of sautéed greens and then drizzle with olive oil and raspberry vinegar. Repeat steps to fill second sweet potato. (Optional: top hot greens with vegan cheese.)
- Serve warm.