This is not your average coleslaw. Unlike classic coleslaw, doused with ingredients we’d rather avoid like mayonnaise and sugar, this light salad is tossed only with olive oil. Freshly shredded cabbage and carrots are given a nutritional boost and extra crunchiness thanks to apple slices and walnuts. A complete, nutritious meal, sashimi grade salmon rounds out this refreshing slaw.
Easy Slaw with Salmon
1 small head red cabbage, cored and shredded
1 small head green cabbage, cored and shredded
1 lb. wild salmon fillet, sashimi grade, cut into 1” pieces
1 large Granny Smith Apple, cored, peeled and grated
1 large carrot, grated
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 oz. raw walnuts
- In a sieve, combine shredded cabbages and rinse. Set sieve over a pot and allow to drain and wilt for about one hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the wilted cabbages, and stir in apple and carrot. Toss with the olive oil and mix well.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Divide the slaw into 4 plated portions. Top each plate with 1/4 of the salmon.
- Top with nuts and freshly ground pepper, to taste.