A salad with no dressing? That’s just sad! Not only are you missing out on flavor, you’re also missing out on healthy oils that can assist in the absorption of important nutrients from all those colorful veggies. But instead of reaching for that bottle in the fridge, why not whip up something fresh? Even if you’re pressed for time, you can have a flavorful homemade dressing in three minutes flat. Start with light and lively avocado oil and complement it with cilantro, lime and garlic for a refreshing way to turn lonely lettuce into something spectacular!
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (brown edges of stems removed)
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 T. raw apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. each real salt and ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients into food processor or high speed blender.
- Blend until cilantro is finely chopped.
- Store in covered glass container.
- Enjoy within 3-4 days.
Yield: ½ cup