Pumpkin donuts. You want them, and you want them now. But are they worth all the measuring, mixing and subsequent cleaning of the dishes you dirtied in the process of preparing them? Good news: all you need is a box and a can to make a moist, delicious, pumpkin dessert. And if you want to create your own coconut icing (and believe me, you do), all it takes is 5 simple ingredients and a few seconds of blending.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Donuts with Coconut Icing
Yields 1 dozen (delicious) donuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease donut pan with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine canned pumpkin with spice cake mix.
- Spoon batter into donut pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into donut comes out clean.
- Set aside at least 5 minutes until pan is cool to the touch.
- Carefully remove donuts from pan by flipping over donut pan onto wired cooling racks lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, blend together icing ingredients. Store in fridge until donuts are completely cooled. Ice donuts just before serving.