Whether it’s a rich, triple-layer chocolate cake, a moist carrot cake with cream cheese frosting or a New York-style cheesecake topped with fruit, everyone has a favorite that’s worth ignoring a strict diet. If a sweet, snow-covered coconut cake is your number one, consider this version the next time your sweet tooth strikes. This two-tiered, whipped cream-covered dessert has a fluffy, moist texture and deep tropical coconut flavor. What’s more, this tasty, birthday-worthy treat is loaded with healthy ingredients like protein powder to keep your diet in check.
Two-Tiered Coconut Cake
Macros per serving: 143 calories | 8.3 g net carbs | 5.7 g protein
1 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
¼ cup Nutiva Coconut Flour
¼ cup Swerve Confectioner’s Style Erythritol
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. Let’s Do Organic Shredded Coconut, separated
1 tsp. baking powder
1 jumbo egg
1 cup So Delicious Cashew Milk
¼ cup Nutiva Coconut Manna, softened
1 Tbsp. coconut extract
½ tub Skinny TruWhip whipped topping
Cherries, for garnish, if desired (not included in macros)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 7- or 8-inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for whipped topping and 2 tablespoons shredded coconut. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow cake to cool on a wire rack.
- Slice cake in half horizontally and top bottom portion with half of whipped topping. Replace top part of cake and frost with the remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons shredded coconut.
- Before serving, garnish with cherries, if desired. Store leftovers in the fridge.