The land has the sea. Women have men. Everything has a counterpart, because that’s how this world stays balanced. Naturally, when it comes to food, there has to be a yin and yang. In this recipe, sweet counters tart, and the dichotomy is de-licious! The pureness of vanilla softly tames the hit of tart, fresh raspberries. All the fluffy, gooey muffin stuff surrounding them is just a nice bonus.
Vanilla & Raspberry Protein Muffins
Makes 6 muffins
Macros per muffin: 128 calories | 9 g protein | 15.6 g carbs | 4.8 g fat | 1.2 g sugar | 2.9 g fiber
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place 6 silicon muffin liners on a sheet pan (or prepare a muffin pan with paper liners).
- In a food processor or blender, add almond milk, raspberries and egg whites and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, stir together protein powder, flours, xylitol and baking powder until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until thoroughly mixed. Fold in remaining raspberries.
- Evenly spoon batter into 6 muffin liners and bake 18-22 minutes.
Top with melted white chocolate drizzle for a dessert-like treat, or leave ‘em be and enjoy your breakfast muffins!