Fettucine Alfredo is basically the adult version of mac ‘n’ cheese — a creamy, savory noodle comfort food — and we all need to indulge in that kind of dish every once in a while. Thankfully, this vegan Alfredo recipe is a lot more accessible to those with dietary restrictions than its popular restaurant counterpart. The roasted garlic is even oil-free! While this recipe is slightly more involved than others due to making your own pesto and cream sauce, the final result is well worth the effort.
16 oz. brown rice fettuccine
1 cup savory coconut cream sauce
1/3 cup hemp seed pesto
1 whole garlic bulb
Fresh parsley, for garnish
Hemp seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Remove loose outside layers from garlic bulb and cut the top off. Lay face down on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes, flipping at halfway point.
- Let garlic cool 10 to 15 minutes before slowly peeling to separate the cloves. Set aside.
- Boil large pot of water and cook noodles according to package directions.
- Strain noodles, rinse with cold water and strain once more. Return to pot.
- Stir in coconut cream sauce, pesto and roasted garlic as well as any other desired add-ins. Top with parsley and hemp seeds.