These quick and easy, high-raw vegan breakfast burritos are the perfect way to nourish your body before a busy day. Light on your digestion, each burrito is packed with nutritious, filling foods including beans and cruciferous veggies. They are also insanely delicious, using black salt combined with cauliflower to create a mock egg mixture that will knock your socks off!
Makes 4 burritos
Mock egg salad
4 cups riced cauliflower (from about 1/2 head large cauliflower)
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. black salt
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1 green onion, sliced
1/2 large avocado, soft & ripe
- To prepare black beans, soak 1/4 cup dry beans overnight. Rinse well and drain.
- In pot, cover beans with filtered water and boil for about 45 minutes, or until very soft.
- To make cauliflower rice, use food processor to pulse florets (as broken up as possible). (Note: You don’t want it to be too broken down – just make sure all the florets have been processed – sort of like rice consistency, but bigger than quinoa. I find that doing this in two batches works well.)
- In bowl, combine cauliflower rice and spices. Set aside.
- Thinly cube avocado half right in the peel. Using tablespoon, scoop avocado into cauliflower mixture. Mash together extremely well.
- Add green onion and continue mixing. Add cherry tomatoes and black beans, and mix again.
To assemble your burrito:
- Line each wrap or lettuce leaf with 1/2 cup spinach, roughly chopped.
- Place a dollop of your mixture in the center of each wrap.
- Add black beans on top.
- If using a wrap, you can roll it like a sushi roll, and then cut in half to enjoy.