When you cut cheese out of your diet, you say goodbye to a slew of comforting foods. From cream cheese on bagels to cheese pizza to slices of cheesecake drizzled with fruit sauce, cheesy dishes are off the menu, for good. That is, until you learn to replicate your old favorites with healthy, plant-based ingredients. This version of mac and cheese does just that—creating a dish so creamy and delicious that it just might top the original.
4 cups Explore Cuisine Chickpea Fusilli
1 large cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
½ cup nutritional yeast, plus more for garnish
1/3 cup water
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
3 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
1-1/2 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Oil
1-1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, bring another pot to boil. Add cauliflower and cook for 10 minutes or until softened. Drain.
- In a food processor, combine cauliflower with remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour “cheese” sauce over pasta and mix until fully coated.
- Serve with fresh parsley and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.