This light appetizer is perfect for any occasion whether it’s for an upbeat summer party or a low-key afternoon snack. Impress your taste buds with a creamy homemade vegan cheeze spread snuggly stuffed inside your favorite variety of tomato. Once you’re done stuffing, save the remaining cheezy goodness for dipping, spreading and more!
2 lbs. cherry tomatoes (I used heirloom cherry tomatoes)
1 cup raw cashews, soaked in filtered water overnight, rinsed & drained
1 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/8 tsp. Himalayan salt
1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp. vegetable seasoning
1 Tbsp. miso paste
2 Tbsp. filtered water
1 green onion, thinly chopped
- In high-speed blender, combine rinsed cashews, lemon juice, salt, nutritional yeast, vegetable seasoning, miso paste and water. Note: Because this makes a small amount, it’s best to continue blending on the lowest setting until all cashew pieces are incorporated into a smooth cheese (10-15 minutes).
- Spoon cashew cheeze into bowl. Fold in green onion. Set aside.
- Slice a small piece off the bottom of each cherry tomato, so it can easily stand on a plate without falling over. Be careful not to pierce tomato to prevent insides from leaking.
- Slice a slightly larger piece off the top of each cherry tomato.
- Use knife to slice around the inside of each cherry tomato. Remove inside contents. Tip: Save it for a salad!
- Use teaspoon to stuff each cherry tomato with cheeze. Place sliced tomato tops on cheeze. Arrange on platter and serve.