You wouldn’t want to live without your blender. Whether it’s creating delicious fruit smoothies for breakfast, pre-workout protein smoothies or warming soups on chilly afternoons, the handy, time-saving appliance is one of the most-used in your kitchen. The next time you need to whip up dinner in a jiffy, this quick, easy blender recipe has you covered. Prepare your favorite pasta and top it with this rich, creamy vegan sauce. In the end, you’ll have a tasty, ten-minute meal you’ll love even on days when there’s time to spare.
Vegan Coconut Cream Pasta Sauce
Makes 2 cups
½ cup hemp seeds
¼ cup nutritional yeast, adjust as needed
1 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 clove garlic)
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. Italian seasonings
1 tsp. crushed red pepper, adjust as needed
¼ tsp. oregano
1 can coconut milk, refrigerated
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
2 drops liquid smoke, optional
Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a high speed blender, blend together all ingredients until smooth, about 20-30 seconds.
- Adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Pour over pasta and top with Vegan Sunflower-Hemp Parmesan.
- Store leftovers in an airtight glass container. Sauce will keep for 7-10 days in the fridge and about 3 months I the freezer.
- Feel free to add more crushed red pepper if you like a bit of spice. And, add more nutritional yeast for a “cheesier” sauce.
- The sauce will thicken when refrigerated overnight, but it will melt once removed.
- If storing leftover sauce in the freezer, use an ice cube tray for quick defrosting.
- If pasta isn’t your thing, use this recipe as a sauce for pizza or a dip for veggies.