What’s better than making a healthy, well-rounded meal in less than 20 minutes? Getting to eat it! This gluten-free and vegan gourmet-looking dish is perfect for those lazy nights when you still want to enjoy something good for you. Plus, with this version of “fast food,” skipping the drive-through window is an easy choice.
Cook the noodles, make your sauce, combine it all and warm the veggies on top. By doing this, you maintain all the nutritional benefits of the raw vegetables while lightly heating them—yum!
1 pkg. Explore Cuisine Organic Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccine
4 cups spinach, finely sliced & packed
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 tsp. sea salt
1/4 cup Brazil nut “Parmesan” (optional)
Green tahini sauce
1 cup fresh basil, packed
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup water (can use water from cooked pasta)
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup tahini
1 tsp. sea salt
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta for 4 minutes, then drain and rinse briefly under cold water. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water (it’ll make a huge difference to your sauce!).
- While pasta cooks, make Brazil nut “Parmesan” if using. Set aside.
- In food processor, combine green tahini sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer pasta back into pot and cook over low heat. Add sauce and spinach, cooking for just a minute or two until spinach starts to wilt (but is still green).
- Add tomatoes and onions. Remove from heat.
- Distribute pasta into bowls. Top with 1 Tbsp. “Parmesan” if using. Add pepper and sea salt to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Buffy Allen