Your next meal is only 30 minutes away! Stuffed bell peppers may look like a lot of work, but it only takes a few simple steps to make this colorful plate. That’s why we’re giving you a bonus recipe: creamy turmeric-tahini dressing. A drizzle of this healthy dressing makes this dish complete.
Loaded with veggies and spices, these stuffed peppers are so satisfying, you’ll want to prep enough for the entire week. And you can! If you’re a fan of meal prepping, you can make the filling in advance and pre-roast the pepper halves for about 15 minutes. When the quinoa craving kicks in, just stuff the peppers and roast for an additional 15 minutes for a fast and effortless meal!
Prep: 15 min.
Cook: 30 min.
2 organic bell peppers (red, orange, yellow or green)
1-1/2 cups Vitacost Non-GMO Black Beans
1-1/2 cups Tru Roots Organic Sprouted Quinoa, cooked
1/4 cup red onion, diced
3/4 cup broccoli florets, minced small
3/4 cup carrots, diced small
1 Tbsp. jalapeno, minced
2 tsp. Bragg Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Simply Organic Cumin
1/2 avocado, sliced, to garnish
Salt and black pepper, to taste
4 Tbsp. Artisana Organics Raw Tahini
4 Tbsp. water (or more to thin it out)
1/2 tsp. Simply Organics Turmeric
1/2 tsp. Simply Organics Black Pepper
1/4 tsp. Simply Organics Cayenne
1/4 tsp. Himalania Salt Himalayan Fine Pink Salt (or more to taste)
3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice peppers in half, lengthwise; discard seeds.
- On baking sheet, arrange peppers cut side up and bake for 15 minutes.
- To prep filling, toss all ingredients (except peppers and avocado) in large bowl and set aside.
- In small bowl, using a fork, whisk tahini, water, spices and salt until fully combined. Stir in lemon juice. Set dressing aside.
- Remove peppers from oven and spoon about 1/2 cup filling into each half. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with sliced avocado and dressing. Serve immediately.