It’s the bane of every takeout experience. What do you do with the mountain of leftover takeout rice taking up space in your fridge? You don’t want to throw away perfectly good food, but you certainly don’t intend to have a bowl of plain rice for dinner. So what’s a thrifty way to use that container of scraps? Transform your unused food into a simple but flavorful meal with this recipe for Vegetable Fried Rice. Stir fried with coconut oil and tossed with veggies and coconut flakes, this rice dish will win you over. You’ll never dump extra rice again.
Vegetable Fried Rice with Coconut Flakes
Makes about 2 servings
- Heat coconut oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add cooked rice, garlic and ginger, stirring constantly until rice is thoroughly heated.
- Add peas and carrots and continue to stir until veggies are cooked through.
- Once cooked, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn off stove and add one tablespoon of coconut flakes and stir. Top with more coconut flakes, if desired.