Lemon has a loving effect on people. It makes you instinctively pucker your lips and sends tingles down your spine. Oh, those aren’t signs of love? Well, they could be if you paired that tart yellow fruit with the balancing sweetness of blueberries. The two together refreshes your palate. Slice and serve these vegan-friendly squares at your next dinner party to end your evening on a high note.
Very Berry Lemon Bars
Vegan * Made with whole wheat * No refined sugar
Makes 16 squares
Macros per square: 151 calories | 7 g carbs | 10 g sugar | 2 g fiber | 4 g protein | 7 g fat
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and coat two 8” x 8” baking dishes with olive oil cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, add all crust ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Divide crust mixture into greased baking dishes, leveling out as best you can. Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges start to turn golden. Note: This recipe only makes enough lemon custard for one crust. The extra crust tastes delicious with a drizzle of blueberry sauce, jam, Sweet Spreads Cinnamon Roll Coconutter or your favorite nut butter.
- Once steamed cauliflower has cooled down a bit, puree in a food processor or Magic Bullet until broken down.
- Add lemon juice, maple syrup and cashew butter and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour custard batter over crust, using a spatula to smooth out evenly. Top with blueberries and place in fridge to set for an hour or overnight.
Slice and serve!