If you can’t take the heat, well, join the club. If you’ll be basking in the sun this holiday weekend, bring along a fruity, frosty drink to sip while you soak up the rays. This summery slushie is not only simple to make, it’ll keep you hydrated, nourished and cooler (literally) than everyone partying at the pool or the beach.
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
4 cups frozen green grapes
7 cups frozen cubed watermelon
Optional: Green juice for blending; watermelon slices for garnish
- In high-speed blender, blend watermelon cubes until smooth, adding juice or water as needed. Fill ¾ of glasses or mason jars with mixture and place in freezer to keep chilled.
- Blend grapes in same way and top off glasses or jars.
- Sprinkle slushies with chia seeds and garnish with watermelon slices
- Add salt to watermelon slices—it’s delicious!
- Blend chia seeds into the slushie for more of a watermelon look (and extra nutrition!).
- Alcohol may be mixed in, but please drink responsibly!